Be on the ground floor of the growth and excitement at LibDib, a web platform based distributor connecting alcoholic beverage Makers to Restaurants, Bars, and Retailers. We are streamlining the discovery and purchasing process while increasing access to the rapidly expanding world of new and craft products via the three-tier system.
WHO ARE YOU? The Director of Distributor Operations is a key member of the LibDib management team and an essential part of the nationwide expansion process. This is a detail oriented, highly visible job and will report directly to the CEO and COO.
In this position, the successful candidate oversees the management of LibDIb’s warehouse and distribution partners. The Director of Distribution Operations will be responsible for working with our logistics partners and makers to ensure a smooth in/out and delivery process. LibDib’s national expansion is imminent, and the Director of Distributor Operations will play an imperative role in the process.
- Manage all aspects of distribution and delivery/shipping/logistics operations of the company, including interfacing with our wholesaler partners, implementing operational processes and ensuring timely deliveries.
- Interface with engineering to assist with automation efforts between all parties.
- Work with senior management to establish processes and KPI’s for each market and distribution partners while actively tracking results.
- Conduct quarterly evaluations of each market and report results and process improvements/recommendations to senior management team and partners.
- Manage and analyze inventory.
- Interface with the Maker team to ensure quality fulfillment processes are adhered to and adjusted as needed.
- Work with the Reseller team and survey customers to ensure satisfaction in LibDib processes and logistics.
- Develop and manage relationships with each wholesaler and 3PL partner.
- Manage the necessary documentation for efficient and compliant execution of all shipments.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of alcohol distribution and the three-tier system in the United States
- 5+ years experience with a distributor or importer, preferably in operations management
- Able to travel, meet tight deadlines and work evenings as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Experience in managing outside consultants and counsel and the ability to make decisions and set guidance based on recommendations
- Strong analytical and decision making skills in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Organized and willing to pitch in (start-up style!)
- Has a natural curiosity about the alcohol industry and the three-tier system, with a thirst to learn more
- All computer based skills necessary in a tech office environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Ownership in rapidly growing tech start-up
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
- Compensation – BOE